Sasquatch the hobbyist
While Bigfoot, the master of isolation, is used to filling his time with nature walks and fishing, what he really enjoys is people watching. Now that we have all started staying indoors and away from crowds, Sasquatch is finding that he is unable to partake in his favorite past time. There are only so much Netflix and Prime Video you can watch without losing your mind so like many of us, Sasquatch is taking this time of quarantine to learn new hobbies.
Here is a list of hobbies that you can try to pick up now that you have some free time on your hands.
- Clean up your garden. Spring is a great time to get in the dirt and plant some new flowers and plants. The weeds should be popping out now too so be sure to clean those up. Grab your RLVNT sunglasses to help protect your eyes from the sun and glare. Not only that, but they come with impact resistant lenses so in case you pull too hard and a weed smacks you in the face, your eyes will be protected.
- Get creative with cooking. There are so many cooking sites to choose from when looking for new ideas. My personal favorite is allrecipes.com. It is informative on the nutritional aspect as well as allowing you to change the serving size to fit your family’s needs.
- Pick up a musical instrument. Sasquatch is trying out those big hands on the piano. He is really taken by the sound of the piano.
- Learn a new language… or 3. Sasquatch is planning on traveling the globe when it is safe to do so. With this in mind, he is taking time to learn the languages of the places he’d like to visit post COVID. It’s a great time to learn sign language too. Check out ASL academy for a great deal on virtual education.
- Study the globe and learn about other countries. Google earth is a great source to find information and virtually visit other countries.
- Become and animal expert. All of the zoo’s around the country have taken their animals online in recent years so we can see births and play. What a great time to learn about the animals! Check out San Diego Zoo’s life feed.
- Just like Anne Frank kept a log, this too is an unprecedented time in history. Why not chronical it for future generations to read about? Who knows, your journal could be the next best seller!
- Put your vision on canvas! Painting is a great way to spend some time. Get some supplies from amazon and have them delivered to your door.
- Learn to fly a kite. It’s not as easy as it sounds and you have to have good wind conditions for it. Don’t forget those sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare and sun so you can successfully navigate where to send your kite.
For mental and physical wellbeing, try to broaden your scope of activities to keep your mind and body engaged. Please tag us in any new hobbies you have picked up during the corona pandemic! Sasquatch will be waiting to see you all when he goes people watching again!