One of Sasquatch’s favorite past times is playing fisbee. It is a great way to get in some exercise, get some vitamin D and spend time with friends or family. As we look at getting outside during the Covid pandemic, it is important to remember the social distancing guidelines. This is a great option as you are typically across a field from your friend while playing frisbee. There are a few guidelines that are important if you choose to play this with someone you are not in quarantine with though.
One of the challenges you can face while playing this fun game outside is the light interfering with your game. Take your RLVNT sunglasses out with you and you will be able to perform to the best of your abilities. These glasses offer polarized lenses which cut through blinding glare and allow you to see what is actually there. With lens options like our freshwater collections, you can choose the color that best suites your environment.
Before doing any activity with people you are not in quarantine with, be sure you fully understand how the virus spreads. You may want to check out the CDC’s website for more information. If you choose to play, minimize risk by using hand sanitizer any time you touch your face. Get your supply of hand sanitizer here. For those who still decide to play rounds with people other than cohabitants, Jonas said that taking the following actions would make that choice as low-risk as possible:
- Keep your distance.
- Wipe the discs with disinfectant wipes or disinfectant.
- Don’t shake hands or give high 5’s.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizers.
There are a lot of other outdoor games you can play with friends while social distancing. See our fun list below for suggestions on new and fun games to try with your quarantined buddies.
- Bean Bag toss aka Cornhole. If you have the yard game at home, great but you can easily make one. See how on this link.
- Tic, Tac, Toe with sidewalk chalk. You could even get creative and color a “stained glass” type masterpiece while you are at it. Here are some ideas of chalk art you can do at home.
- Go for a walk (while social distancing) Get together with friends while walking the track at a local school or park.
- Go for a bike ride. One of Sasquatches favorite activities!
4. Go fishing! Be sure to look at local regulations about where you are able to go during park closures.
5. Bocce ball. If you don’t know how to play this fun game, check it out here. This is a great game to play while still observing social distancing suggestions.
Have some fun and get creative with your ideas for playing outside while we quarantine? Please tag us on social media and show us what you are up to during April’s 30 days to go play!