Running with Sasquatch!
In these times of quarantine, one thing to be mindful of while running on local roads and trails is the value of sight while running. We must be able to quickly adapt to changing light as we run, whether we are morning or evening runners and regardless of the terrain. Every hour of the day offers different light challenges that RLVNT can address. The perfect solution is the chameleon lens technology. This lens changes the color and contrasts to the amount of light that is penetrating the lens and adjusts automatically to the ideal contrast giving you the best performance from your vision.
We all know that exercise is good for you, but do you know how running specifically can improve your life? Let’s unpack that!
- Running makes you happier. It is more than just being outside and seeing what the world holds. Have you ever heard of the “runners high”? This is a real thing. When we run, we get that rush of feel-good hormones known as endocannabinoids. Even 30 minutes of walking or running outside or on a treadmill can instantly lift the mood of someone suffering from a major depressive order. Think of running as a natural antidepressant.
- Running helps promote healthy sleeping patterns. Just 30 minutes a week can help with sleeping. Pair this with a blue light lens solution like what you find in RLVNT lenses and you have a winning combination of overall physical and eye health. Polarized lenses and photochromatic lenses offer the blue light blocking technology that helps you regulate your sleep patterns. You’ll soon realize that sleep is better than ever!
- Running helps you lose weight. There are too many benefits to list regarding maintaining a healthy weight but the big one is that it allows you to effortlessly be able to get outdoors and experience the colors and wonders of the world.
- Running strengthen your bones and joints. Running has proven to improve bone mass and prevents age-related bone loss. Who knew? Now you can’t use the excuse “I have bad knees” because it can help those knees get better!
- Running sharpens the mind. Exercise, in general, sharpens the mind and keeps your brain youthful. Studies consistently find that older adults who are physically fit have sharper mental capabilities than their unfit peers.
- Put those cancer fears to rest. Studies have shown that cancer doesn’t like running. Regular exercise, in general, lowers your risk of certain cancers and running (with doctors’ approval) can improve your quality of life while undergoing cancer treatments.
- Live longer. Sasquatch is proof that if you run you can live longer! Even just 30 minutes of cardio, 3 times a week can add longevity to your life. No matter what your underlying medical issues are, running can help extend your life.
Don’t forget to stretch before and after your run! Be sure to take photos while you are out on your run to show us the beautiful world you are in. Let’s spread the message of playing outside and be sure to tag us on social media pages!